Casa de barro bûche (EN)
By: Emmanuel Hamon
Fino de Aroma master chocolatier
Peru dark chocolate mousse
- 500g Fresh Cream
- 500g Peru 72% Dark Chocolate
- 1000g Whipped Cream
- Heat fresh cream to 80 °C.
- Pour the hot cream into the melted dark chocolate in
- three passes.
- Cool mixture down to 40 °C.
- Add the whipped cream.
Hazelnut praliné creamy
- 650g Fresh Cream
- 1000g Praline
- 6g Gelatin Sheets
- Microwave 1/3 of the cream with the gelatin sheets (softened and drained), until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the mixture into the praline in three passes. Mix gently to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Gradually add the rest of the cold cream in several passes.
- Pour into a 6 cm x 55 cm rectangular mold and freeze.
- 300g Almond paste
- 100g Butter
- 80g Nevado 34.5% White Chocolate
- 50g Lime juice
- 2 Lime zests
- Using a mixer, blend the almond paste with the softened butter.
- Add lime juice and zests.
- Pour the melted white chocolate.
- Spread this mixture onto a silicone sheet to make a 60 cm x 8 cm strip, and set aside.
Coconut and chocolate biscuit
- 250g Eggs white
- 200g Gray Almond powder
- 75g Coconut
- 175g Icing sugar
- 40g Cocoa powder 22% - 24%
- 75g Sugar
- Beat egg whites and sugar into a French meringue.
- Incorporate sifted almond powder, icing sugar, coconut and cocoa powder mixture and stir gently with a spatula.
- Spread half of the biscuit in a 60 cm x 40 cm baking sheet and bake at 170 °C for 10 minutes.
- Detail two strips; one of 50 cm x 6 cm and the other of 50 cm x 7.5 cm.
Place the candied lime over the 50 cm x 7.5 cm biscuit, and set aside. In a rectangular log mold of 50 cm x 8 cm, pour a first layer of chocolate mousse, no higher than one half of the mold and spread on the sides of the mold. Center the creamy hazelnut praliné insert, and place a strip of chocolate biscuit (50 cm x 6 cm). Cover with the rest of the chocolate mousse and the candied lime covered biscuit, and freeze. Unmold the dessert and spray it using a chocolate spray gun to give it a velvety texture. Decorate. Chocolate house shape piped with chocolate mousse. Details made with plastic dark chocolate, red spray using a chocolate gun and some coloring powder with brush.